This is Star Ocean: Anamnesis Tier List which is updated depending on the current meta of Global version. Character value changes based on boss fight and party. You can combine with the updated list from Japanese version if you want to plan ahead for your party. The JP list has also been being edited to match with GL releases. If you want to take a look at the Star Ocean: Anamnesis Tier List for JP version, please check the links at the end.
However, please do notice that the progress of JP version is over 1.5 years ahead of the current progress of GL version of Star Ocean: Anamnesis. This tier list is not absolute since this is still based only on community/personal assessments and calculation. You can use both lists as your reference and plans for future contents.
Note to players:
- Many units who are not top-tier in this listing are still usable in most situations (and sometimes preferred). You should always priotize who you enjoy playing.
- Healers and defenders are underemphasized on this tier list due to the strength of units/equipment overall in global release. Healers and defenders still serve a significant purpose when looking to clear a mission consistently, and will become more useful as more content is released to the global version of the game.
- This table of Star Ocean: Anamnesis Tier List is optimized to be used on mobile devices. However, for best visibility, it is highly recommended to use this table on desktop.
Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Gems Top-up
Also, don’t forget to check out our gems shop for Star Ocean: Anamnesis if you are running out of gems for current pulls. We provide gems with super affordable price, because we have very good offer and discounted rate from different regional service providers. You can find our more here:
Star Ocean: Anamnesis Tier List (Global version)
|Good in most situations|
Links to Star Ocean: Anamnesis list of each character/unit in Global version
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Attacker List (GL version)
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Shooter List (GL version)
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Defender List (GL version)
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Caster List (GL version)
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Healer List (GL version)
Links to Star Ocean: Anamnesis list of each character/unit
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Tier List
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Attacker List
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Shooter List
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Defender List
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Caster List
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis – Healer List
- 10/30/2018: SO3 Maint. Sophia – T1, excellent self-sufficient invoker who also buffs physical parties, though her spells may be hard to hit. Fayt – T2, actually still pretty good, but he is outdone by recent units. Healers adjusted slightly. ONel was in the wrong place as were the lower healers due to the new tier.
- 10/23/2018: New T3 added to help fit units which weren’t as weak/situational as now-T4, but not as strong as the standout T2 units. Fidel/Lenneth moved down – don’t contribute enough compared to powercreep units, Cliff/Phia moved due to HClair’s existence – still usable. Victor, Reimi, Clair moved down for being defensive units without much offensive utility.
- 10/17/2018: A bunch of weapons updated. Ilia and Albel added a while ago, 2B added. Albel is a reasonable DPS/buffer together, T2, Ilia situational and non-standout buffer – T3. The queen 2B dethrones every Attacker in T1. DPS Tier List updated with most of the new units.
- 09/17/2018: Added numerical ratings for easier consumption. Slight updates to the tier list itself to reflect these changes.
- 09/16/2018: Added SO2 units and weapons up to Michael in preparation for their release at some point during the month. Rena placed T1 due to good public/regular utility for healer mains, Dias T2 – outshined by SMyuria, Claude T2 – situational but AP recovery is strong, Phia T2 – DPS unit only, needs some support. 4* Defenders moved to T4, not preferred with 3 5* Defs out. Myuria T1 – Thunderbird is good for her.
- 09/07/2018: Added weapons/accessories from first week of Blood Valkyrie. Lenneth and Silmeria descriptions and tiering up. Both are placed at T2 due to summer releases screwing with their relative power level.
- 08/24/2018: Added limited status to several weapons with the closure of Ethereal Queen shops.
- 8/21/2018: Added a bunch of weapons and tiered sSophia and sReimi tentatively at T1. Both are very powerful despite their nerfs, though this is subject to change.
- 8/19/2018: Added Orbs in preparation of Summer pt. 2 banner. Summer Sophia will be Global’s first orb user.
- 8/7/2018: Added sMyuria/sMiki to tier list. Will most likely change in the coming days. Updated their stats in role page to reflect the nerfs they have received. Clair moved down due to a good defender being released. Minor bugfixes.
- 8/4/2018: Added SMyuria and SMiki to role list, talents and tiering will be released after unit information is out (Depending on if we get original or buffed versions). Some known issues with skill icons, will be fixed later. Reimi, Maria and Roddick edited slightly to reflect potential DPS.
- 8/3/2018: Healers and defenders dropped overall on the tier list, with notes added for reasoning and exceptions. More fixes, certain clarifications added. Minor formatting changes on various pages.
- 8/2/2018: Added sections for weapons, with descriptions, information and recommendations for them, also added self-buff talents to pre-rush buffs, alongside multiple fixes. FAQ added.
- 8/1/2018: Tier list created, role pages added for currently available units.
Join this Star Ocean: Anamnesis Facebook Group for tips & discussions with other players! 😉
Special credit: SOA (GL) Discord (Tori, Shaun and Emunisa)